Over view of our company
Our company was established in 1825, as a company which is the direct descended of 'Ihee Naoeya'. The philosophy of our business is to deliver taste of traditional to the daily life through taste and flavor of our products. The base of our business is 'prominent soy sauce' and 'relationship with people'. We are making not only 'soy sauce' but also various kinds of 'liquid seasonings'. Such as 'Dressings', 'Dashi', 'Tsuyu' and 'Tare'. Every seasonings are using special materials and make your dish better taste. For example, 'Dressings' with special local vegetables, which are called "Kaga yasai". The vegetables, which have grown for about 300 years in our city Kanazawa, are called "Kaga yasai". There are 15 kinds of "Kaga Yasai" now. 'Dashi' : soup stock made from kelp, oyster and fish. 'Tare': sauce for "Yakiniku". It taste good with roasted meats, vegetables and seafoods. 'Tsuyu' : soup for Japanese style noodle and boiled foods such as "Udon" "Soba" "Oden" etc.
We try to make seasoning which is good & fit for modern life with our tradition of over 100 years.
- Company Name
- Naogen Soysauce Co., Ltd
- 1-53, Oono town, Kanazawa city, Ishikawa prefecture, Japan
- +81 76 268 1113
- +81 76 267 4446
- President Junichiro Naoe
- Business founded
- August 1st, 1952
- Number of employee
- Field of business
- Seasonings, mainly liquid : Soy sauce, Japanese soup stock, Dressing etc.
From Tokyo Station to Kanazawa Station：2hours & 30 minutes by Hokuriku-shinkansen
From Kanazawa Station to our factory & shop：17minutes by car
- Trade name "Naoeya Genbee" was founded.
Before beginning as a soy sauce brewery, enlarged the business to Hokkaido and Karafuto area as a shipping agency.
- 1844 to 1853
- The times of second and third generation of "Naoeya Genbee".
The population of Kanazawa city increased next to Edo, Osaka and Kyoto.
The soy sauce brewers at Oono town also increased up to more than 60.
- The trade name was changed to "Naogen-Shouten".
- The soy sauce brewers at Oono town decreased to 10.
- The times of fouth generation 'Naoeya Gentaro'.
The soy sauce brewers at Oono town increased up to 36.
- The trade name was changed to "Naogen Soysauce brewery".
- Changed organization and also the trade name was changed to "Naogen Soysauce Co., ltd."
The fifth head 'Genichiro Naoe' became the president of the company.
Changed the trade mark of company to shape of balance weight, which is using now.
- Sep. 1958
- The sixth head 'Shigetsugu Naoe' became the president of the company.
- 1969 to 1970
- "Oono Shoyu brewers' Co-operative Union" was established and then the factory was completed on 1970.
- The seventh head 'Shigeyuki Naoe' became the president of the company.
- Mar. 2000
- The new factory corresponding to HACCP was completed.
- Jul. 2002
- The shop "Naoeya Genbee" was opened by reconstructing the 'Kura'※1
※1 'Kura' is a place where the soy sauce is brewed.
- Oct. 2010
- "The fourth Japan soy sauce summit" was held in Oono town.
- Mar. 2013
- The eighth head 'Junichiro Naoe' became the president of the company.
- Mar. 2019
- The new factory corresponding to FSSC22000 will be completed.